Brenda's Heart Of Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Have You Found Of Interest Today?

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What Have You Found Of Interest Today? - Page 2 Empty What Have You Found Of Interest Today?

Post by bleu Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:53 am

First topic message reminder :

Aw, I could do this if I wanted to.... I just don't want to right now....

Last edited by bleu on Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:38 pm; edited 4 times in total

bleu

Brenda and Mo or Maureen like this post

Back to top Go down

What Have You Found Of Interest Today? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Have You Found Of Interest Today?

Post by bleu Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:18 am

I sometimes still listen to these old radio programs while falling asleep.

bleu

Brenda likes this post

Back to top Go down

What Have You Found Of Interest Today? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Have You Found Of Interest Today?

Post by Brenda Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:19 pm

Imagine that:
You were born in the year 1900
You are 14 years old when World War I begins and 18 years when it ends.
Result: 22 million dead
Soon after, a global pandemic, the Spanish flu, will emerge. 50 million people die.
Fortunately, you are still alive and are now 20 years old.
When you are 29 years old, you will survive the global economic crisis that started with the breakdown of New York's stock exchange.
This led to inflation, unemployment and famine worldwide.
Meanwhile, since you are 33 years old, the Nazis will come to power in Germany.
Since you are 39 years old, Germany invades Poland, and begins World War II.
You are finally 45 years old when World War II ends.
Result: 60 million dead. 6 million Jews die in the Holocaust.
Luckily you're still alive.....
Since you are 52 years old, the Korean War begins.
Since you are 64 years old, Americans started the war in Vietnam.
You are 75 when the war ended
Luckily you're still alive......
Now.....
A boy born in 1980 believes his grandparents have no idea how difficult life is. But they survived several wars and disasters, not to mention the restrictions during the first oil crisis in the early 1980 s.

Today we live in a new world full of comfort, but unfortunately in the midst of a new pandemic.
People complain about staying home for weeks.
While they have power, cellphones, food, hot water and a safe roof over their heads.
None of that existed in previous times.
But humanity survived these circumstances and they never lost their joy of life.
Today we complain because we have to wear face masks to enter the supermarkets.

A small change in our mind and mentality can work miracles.
We want to thank you and me who are still alive if we want to do everything necessary to protect and help each other.

I think this message makes everyone think..
Brenda
Brenda
Admin

https://brendasheartofgold.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bleu Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:54 pm

What Have You Found Of Interest Today? - Page 2 G6ovEoz
My, my, aren't we just really observant today? LOL..LOL

bleu

Brenda likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Brenda Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:51 am

Imagine that you would take the time to post this..lol.. thanks for making me laugh, has been a long day. Tomorrow I take Amare for her check up and I can't even go in with her due to lock done. I don't like that. Like a child, I had to type a list of things I wanted checked or to ask about since her last check up... felt like when I took my kids to the doctor.  

My poor baby, getting needles without her "human mamma" with her.
Brenda
Brenda
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bleu Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:06 am

Oh I know, I was able to go in with her last visit, before that it was the same with Lilly.... she had to go to the Dr. all alone. 

It made me feel so bad thinking she may have been afraid and I was not with her... almost cried Brenda, for real..... Amare will be fine though.. 

I think doing it like this is much harder on the owner than on our babies...

bleu

Back to top Go down

Post by bleu Tue May 11, 2021 3:17 pm

Today we find ourselves exploring an abandoned mansion in one of the richest areas of Toronto! This mansion was owned by a couple practicing in medicine with the husband being one of the top doctors in the area. One day the family had to depart from the country, leaving the mansion vacant for several years. Now it sits forgotten and abandoned with fully functioning power, slowly decaying as it awaits its fate.

bleu

Back to top Go down

Post by Brenda Wed May 12, 2021 2:29 am

I am amazed that homeless people have not found it and taken it over to sleep. Strange that it is not boarded up too whatever the reason with power on but water damage... must have been gorgeous when things were right.

Yes Amare was ok, she has a heart murmur that I worry about but it had not changed. She received her Rabie shot.. because I was 2 months late on her appointment she had to have the 1 year shot and not the 3 year booster. We are trying a new food with her. She lost 4 ounces which the Vet was not concerned about but I had been monitoring her and some days she would go like 32 hours only eating less that 1/2 cup of food. It is a good thing I buy the best food but still - 4 ounces now could be much less next year and I was not going to wait. I contacted my breeder who to me is much better than any Vet. She has 35 years experience just with Persians and she suggested a different variety but made by same company. She has always been on Royal Canine so I switched to that and she seems to be eating a bit more. 

Take care..
Brenda
Brenda
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bleu Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:47 am

What Have You Found Of Interest Today? - Page 2 R8Ccvqg

bleu

Brenda likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum