Brenda's Heart Of Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quotes/Poems/Thoughts/Folklore/Legends

2 posters

Go down

Quotes/Poems/Thoughts/Folklore/Legends Empty Quotes/Poems/Thoughts/Folklore/Legends

Post by bleu Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:53 pm

Quotes/Poems/Thoughts/Folklore/Legends NSpStek

Last edited by bleu on Mon May 03, 2021 3:34 pm; edited 3 times in total

bleu

Back to top Go down

Quotes/Poems/Thoughts/Folklore/Legends Empty Re: Quotes/Poems/Thoughts/Folklore/Legends

Post by Brenda Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:40 am

Quotes/Poems/Thoughts/Folklore/Legends Stjero10
Brenda
Brenda
Admin

https://brendasheartofgold.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Quotes/Poems/Thoughts/Folklore/Legends Empty Re: Quotes/Poems/Thoughts/Folklore/Legends

Post by bleu Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:10 am

Quotes/Poems/Thoughts/Folklore/Legends LWdMg0j

bleu

Brenda likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Brenda Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:12 am

Quotes/Poems/Thoughts/Folklore/Legends Quote110
Brenda
Brenda
Admin

bleu likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bleu Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:41 pm

Quotes/Poems/Thoughts/Folklore/Legends L4td3eZ

bleu

Brenda likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bleu Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:17 pm

Quotes/Poems/Thoughts/Folklore/Legends PtoHUet

bleu

Brenda likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bleu Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:14 pm

A woman caught a man peeking into her daughter's bedroom window and called the police.

The peeker tried to run as police arrived....but mama took him down hard!!

Just thinkin' ...gotta love Texas women.

bleu

Back to top Go down

Post by Brenda Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:47 pm

One today is worth two tomorrows; what I am to be, I am now becoming.

Brenda
Brenda
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bleu Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:43 am

Just Thinkin' about
JAIL'S & NURSING HOMES

This is Great!

Look at it both ways:

(I am looking....I am looking!)

SOME LOGIC TO THIS!

Here's the way it should be:

Let's put the seniors in jail
and the criminals in nursing homes.

This would correct two things in one motion:

A. SENIORS IN JAIL:

1. Seniors would have access to showers, hobbies and walks.

2. They would receive unlimited free prescriptions, dental and medical treatment, wheel chairs, etc.

3. They would receive money instead of having to pay it out.

4. They would have constant video monitoring, so they would be helped instantly if they fell or needed assistance.

5. Bedding would be washed twice a week and all clothing would be ironed and returned to them.

6. A guard would check on them every 20 minutes.

7. All meals and snacks would be brought to them

8. They would have family visits in a suite built for that purpose.

9. They would have access to a library, weight/fitness room,spiritual counseling, a pool and education.

10. Free admission to in-house concerts by nationally recognized entertainment artists.

11. Simple clothing - i.e. shoes, slippers, PJ's - and legal aid would be free, upon request.

12. There would be private, secure rooms provided for all with an outdoor exercise yard complete with gardens.

13. Each senior would have a P.C., T.V., phone and radio in their room at no cost.

14. They would receive daily phone calls.

15. There would be a board of directors to hear any complaints and the ACLU would fight for their rights and protection.

16. The guards would have a code of conduct to be strictly adhered to, with attorneys available, at no charge to protect the seniors and their families from abuse or neglect.

B. And now for the Criminals (in Nursing Homes)

1. They would receive cold food.

2. They would be left alone and unsupervised.

3. They would receive showers once a week.

4. They would live in tiny rooms,
for which they would have to pay $5,000 per month.

5. They would have no hope of ever getting out.

"Sounds like justice to me!"

Let's vote on this ...

If you agree, pass this on!

bleu

Back to top Go down

Post by Brenda Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:03 pm

Sounds perfect to me bleu I vote yes on it...love it

how are you doing in Texas I have been watching the news and it is awful for so many with no power etc...
Brenda
Brenda
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bleu Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:51 pm

Hi  Brenda, how are you doing little buddy.

yeah, we've had a stretch of snow and well below freezing weather for an extended period now.... both of those situations are really rare for South Central Texas.

We are above freezing right now, and tonight we will drop back into the low 20's, not as bad as it has been and tonight should be the last freeze for a while.

We ran our water overnight during this time and thus far, we are ok and have both power and running water.... we are under a boil to drink order though, which is no big deal.

the primary problem now is the grocery stores are still unable to resupply due to road conditions.... this part of Texas has NO snow removal equipment whatsoever.. NONE... but when the Texas sun returns it will make short work of the remaining snow if we have no new snowfall....

We are ok on rations, we always maintain a good stock ever since the people went slap assed crazy with wiping out store supplies since Covid19 began.

Normal food supply operations should be in full swing next week....

Thank you for checking on us..... you take care as well.....

Will talk more later, I miss having our little chats like we have in the past...

Don~

bleu

Back to top Go down

Post by Brenda Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:15 pm

Wow, still something awful. I remember our ice storm in Ontario and many did without power for weeks. Many went out and bought generators after that. I believe the President called Texas a state of emergency. I saw many picking up cases of water and fire trucks calling in pumpers from far away as hydrants were all frozen. It is not enough dealing with Covid but the cold too...
Brenda
Brenda
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bleu Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:54 am

45F tonight at 2152 CST and forecast is 72F tomorrow.

I see NO snow remaining anywhere.

very comfortable.

bleu

Back to top Go down

Post by Brenda Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:57 pm

Quotes/Poems/Thoughts/Folklore/Legends Non_vi10

I just love his quotes
Brenda
Brenda
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bleu Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:25 am

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

Theodore Roosevelt

bleu

Brenda likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bleu Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:00 pm

Just thinkin' in the shower that:
A different version of you exists in the minds of everyone who knows you!

Ya think?  What a Face

bleu

Brenda likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Brenda Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:58 pm

Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option.

Maya Angelou
Brenda
Brenda
Admin

bleu likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bleu Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:47 am

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees. 

Euripides

bleu

Brenda likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Brenda Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:13 pm

Oh I love this one bleu... never heard of him before .. here is another one of his quotes

Friends show their love in times of trouble, not in happiness

I am having a lot of migraines lately.. weather is a bit nutty so if I am not around you will know why
Brenda
Brenda
Admin

bleu likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bleu Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:45 am

Thank you little buddy, glad you liked it!

I am so sorry to hear your Migraines have returned, I do understand how painful they can be! Have you found any new/more effective Rx's in recent years?

Will keep it rolling down here, hope you can return to action soon... for now, take good care of yourself 

Quotes/Poems/Thoughts/Folklore/Legends GMZeA5L

bleu

Brenda likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Brenda Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:38 pm

Well regarding meds you can't win bleu.. I won't take anything addicting and one of my triggers is barometric migraines so all these weather changes is killing me..snow, rain etc... now I can use tylenol extra strength and 1.5 hrs later take Advil which are good for migraines. Yesterday I was having a hard time controlling a bit of a nose bleed due to dryness in house from electric heat... I happen to read caution on Advil and it said if you use baby aspirins to contact doctor or pharmacist before using. Well I have to take them daily as one of my carotid arteries is 80% blocked. Turns out that taken too often Advil causes more bleeding. Using maybe once a week not bad but this week I had 3 migraines so I had been using them more heavily... so that was my problem...  You can't win.  I am on regular meds that are preventive but if a migraine starts they do nothing for pain and lets face it with Covid like everyone I am stressed out more. At least I get away on weekends and that helps a lot ... 
Brenda
Brenda
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bleu Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:11 pm

Just thinkin'

On this date, 6 March, 1836, here in San Antonio, Texas, the Alamo fell to Mexican forces {troop strength estimates range from 1800 to 6000} commanded by Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna.

Texian forces were commanded by Colonel William Barret Travis... all 189 defenders, including Davy Crockett and James Bowie, died. 

They would be avenged on 21 April, 1836 at the battle of San Jacinto near present day Houston Tx.

Republic of Texas forces commanded by General Sam Houston would rout the entire Mexican Army in a battle lasting only 18 minutes.

Their battle cry was 

"REMEMBER THE ALAMO!"

bleu

Back to top Go down

Post by Brenda Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:54 pm

International Women’s Day 2021:
Ladies --May we all continue to break the barriers!

Every year, this day is celebrated with a theme. The theme for this year’s International Women’s Day is “Choose To Challenge”.

A challenged world is an alert world. And from challenge comes change. “So let's all =AZXICYGcN-cwJpXAp69L22pnS2k-2SYu6CvzegHNoHmgYw-fWctDMQmklKdyoDWRSONBkOdg3JgCIg2csbzYkxCyW-yvxruJkD7qxysKEgIppQc4tMgMhNpmo4zAUgYl1HU&__tn__=*NK-R]#ChooseToChallenge,”
This year’s theme is to highlight the challenges brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic.
This International Women’s Day share these empowering and inspiring quotes from women:
“There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.” – Michelle Obama, Former First Lady of the United States

“The path from dreams to success does exist.” - Kalpana Chawla

“Don't let anyone tell you you're weak because you're a woman.” - Mary Kom
Brenda
Brenda
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bleu Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:48 pm

Urban Legend of the Smiling Woman.

bleu

Back to top Go down

Post by Brenda Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:34 pm

Did not like that one Bleu..lol

Well have you been following the Chauvin trial and what are your feelings on that one.. wow, I have been listening to some experts on the stand and really can't believe some of the things I have been hearing. Your thoughts?
Brenda
Brenda
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bleu Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:16 am

What??? 

You don't like boo-boos grabbin' you on dark streets?? LOL...

.Well, today they found the policeman guilty on all charges so, my personal feelings are unimportant. 

I respect our judicial system and the decision of a jury is final...maybe.... 

I think the words of our President and the Member of Congress, Maxine Waters, definitely prejudiced the jury and, on appeal, all but ensure a retrial.

One of the assistant DA;s had to vacate and sell his home after threats to him and his family if the trial did not end with the "right" decision. 

Additionally, rumor has it that more than one of the jurors was threatened with death... to him and his family, if he failed to reach the "right" decision in the trial... 

and the judge sat on his hands and did nothing.... 

If threatening a juror and judicial misconduct by not rebuking all of it, including our President and Member of Congress is not reason for a new trial I do not know what would be ...EVER!

Blacks tend to burn down major American cities, including rape, murder and looting at will, because there is NO penalty to pay..

That is not a "racist" view, it is, in my estimation, simply the truth..

bleu

Back to top Go down

Post by Brenda Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:08 pm

As always you have a strong opinion bleu. 
Brenda
Brenda
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bleu Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:12 pm

Story of the Eagle. 

Go to full screen.

bleu

Back to top Go down

Post by Brenda Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:07 pm

Now this I REALLY enjoyed! I love things like this or museum odds finds. I must admit I come to this board mainly for you. Other communities just don't bother with these kinds of things. You will find my other BHOG, I tried this type of thing, with different boards and they just did not get attention so I kept at them for my own interest only.

This though I love. By them way are you a member of https://vetsbenefits.net/
I hop over there too and wondered what you thought of it?

Really enjoyed this bleu...
Brenda
Brenda
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bleu Sun May 09, 2021 4:40 pm

I'm so happy that someone stopped by to view.. AND leave comments.
~~~~~
Thank you for your thoughtful and kind words to me Little Buddy, in this environment where NOBODY says ANYTHING it is the deciding factor which gives an incentive to do anything at all...
~~~~~
It is difficult for me to accept that ALL the other members are totally oblivious to the posts down here... they say NOTHING, Post Nothing, Have NO opinion on anything on this Earth..... if it "ain't" copy and paste apparently they want no part of it.
~~~~~
I mean damned, in their entire existence on this Earth, NOBODY even has a favorite song they would like to share????????????????
~~~~~
I stopped going to the vets group long ago, I get many bulletins being retired military and also have daily information from the Department of Veteran's Affairs.... not much else in the world of veterans I need or want to know.
~~~~~
Again, thank you so very much for your kind words and thoughts. It is SO very much appreciated!!!
~~~~~~
Story of Giants
If you have difficulty hearing the sound, at the bottom of the screen is a small box labeled "CC".. Closed Captioning... click it for visual captioning ...

best viewed on full screen

bleu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum